Friday, June 24, 2011

One at a a time....


Every once in awhile, I do a caricature of an individual which is such a refreshing change from doing the big groups of 100 or more in a single composition. In these works, I am able to get more detail, shading, and a more artistic feel to my work. The element of depth is more easily achieved with overlapping shapes and the likeness of the subject is easier to render. Of course, other elements such as motion and fun still make these works a challenge.

5 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Beeman said...

Very nice and well done! Keep posting. I find it inspiring!

June 25, 2011 at 5:58 AM  
Blogger Twigg said...

Thanks Wayne, are you applying for the Elementary Sayre Job?

June 25, 2011 at 6:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, I didn't even know about this blog. Very interesting and cool!

July 3, 2011 at 11:52 AM  
Blogger Twigg said...

Thanks Andy....I checked out your Comics in the Classroom at Alfred. Sounds really awesome.

July 8, 2011 at 6:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I've done that presentation about ten times, so it has evolved. I think it gives teachers of all subjects ideas of how they can allow students to "show what they know" in creative ways -- not just worksheets and tests.

July 9, 2011 at 6:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home